Monday, June 9, 2008

An amazing weekend...

I don't have any photos to show, but I will have a link to post soon enough. The link will lead you here...Nina Sutherland Photography. When you see her blog you will understand why my weekend was awesome. I had the opportunity to observe and shoot with a professional photographer.

I first met Nina a few years ago at my boy Duggan's wedding, and I loved her photos. In fact Karen and I got in touch with her afterwards to buy some prints. They are currently hanging on my bedroom walls. So I was stoked when she dropped me an email with the offer of shooting a wedding with her this past weekend. She needed some help on short notice and thought of me. Of course I said yes. Tell me this scenario isn't ideal....

A. The location was amazing (Berry College).
B. I got to shoot with her Nikon D200, which is an amazing camera, and use her lenses.
C. Got paid very well!
D. Got to work with a professional, published, working photographer.

Awesome right? What a great learning experience. Everything went great and I think we got some beautiful shots. I can't wait to see the finished product. As soon as I see them, you will be the first to know. Nina also said that she would like to work with me again, so there may be more work in my future. I could not ask for anything more. Well, I just had to share the good news with anyone who would listen. Go check out her page....

No comments: