Friday, June 26, 2009

Liberation Leads To Exploration

So I am on my lunch break, with nothing but Tomato Basil soup on my mind, when we come across this lovely fellow. He was having a hard time crossing the street with all the fast moving cars and all. So my coworker Ash and I stopped to offer a helping hand. To say the least, he was not very receptive to our offer. But rather than see him turned into turtle soup, we forced our help upon him. I carried his sewage stinking keester 100 yards back to his swimming hole trying to avoid losing a digit the entire way. Not so much as a thank you for my efforts. Oh and my tshirt was purely coincidental...
Photos 2,7,8,9 by Ashlea Taylor

















After our Turtle Liberation was complete, we noticed a small garden fenced off from the surrounding properties. Upon closer inspection, we realized that is was not a garden, but a small family burial plot. But here's where it gets a little weird. Nearly all of the plots within it, belongs to infants and children. I mean no disrespect by posting this, but I had never seen anything like it. Headstone after headstone....children. Unbelievable.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously that turtle smelled like a mixture of death and raw sewage. Even after you hosing your hands off....you could still smell him. YUCK.

Good for you for liberating the turtle from the road. You are more courageous than I.

Ashlea

Thanks for the photo cred...LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

wow-that thing is raunchy looking....i can't believe it lives in our state! Where was this? you guys find the craziest stuff! -linds