Sunday, April 27, 2008

Light Painting

Long exposure + Low light + Hand held light source = a whole lot of fun. I pretty much spent all day Saturday taking photos and experimenting with light. Okay, so that might sound a little dorky, but I had a blast. I am sure Karen was wondering why I locked myself in a pitch black basement for hours at a time. "What in the world is that boy doing down there?"

Some of these photos were taken in my basement stairwell. It is dark, angular, and it allowed me to put some limits on how big my canvas was. Set your tripod up, get your scene in frame and shoot. Some of the others were taken outside which made the backgrounds a little more interesting, but made it more difficult to be accurate. Anyway, it was a blast doing it, and I can't wait to try it agian with a model next time. These were my favorites from the bunch. Let me know what you think.












No comments: