Friday, November 6, 2009

Cole's First Birthday! (and best day ever)

Yup....can you believe it? It has already been a year since my son was born. It has flown by. I feel myself trying to put on the brakes to slow it all down, but he just keeps moving faster and faster. To add to the madness, COLE TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS LAST NIGHT!!! ARRRGGGG! Wait!!! Too Fast!!!

Here is a brief recap of Cole's birthday. We started off with a nice breakfast at The Flying Biscuit. Cole took his artwork very seriously as you can see....


He toiled and toiled over his masterpiece....


Still toiling....


Aha, I've got it.....


Edible Art!! Brilliant!!


No way were we going to finish all of that.


Then we were off to the park for a romp and some "proper football."


Future Keeper in training...






*Photo by Karen Casatelli


*Photo by Karen Casatelli

"Quit taking pictures and give me a hand!"






Even a perfect day at the park will eventually be interrupted by technology....


"Just let me update my FB status real quick...."


Family.....


Yup...its time for cake!


Oooooooo Ahhhhhh.....


At first, we were quite civilized, eating with our proper utensils.

Is that sugar?

Romfpfffphhmmpppp!!!





Sugar fit!!!!

Sharing with the dogs....

Some more sharing.....

Dangerous territory....Watch for flying debris.

A quick(super long) bath and we are ready to play with all those new toys...

Slowing down....

Crash.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title of the post (especially the part in parentheses(sp?))
You could have also titled it COLE LOVERS OF AMERICA UNITE...a blog post on COLE CASATELLI.
Love the part where he is admiring his artwork or considering which crayon to use (or eat) next.
Very cute post, minus your bare feet at the park....what were you thiking?
Also the family pic was uber cute too! Glad you guys were able to spend the 1st birthday together, sounds like a tradition in the making.
AShlea

Tante Ana said...

Since it couldnt be Tues with Tante- I am glad I got the full day captured in these awesome photo's. It looks like an amazing day, and perfect that you were all together. I cant believe its been a year as well. Time has FLOWN! I sure do Love that little guy- and I kinda like his parents too :)

mish said...

I love that I could share his special day through this picture diary! You did an awesome job capturing the day and it looks like you all had so much fun:) I love that little guy...and I love your little family!!! xoxo

mish said...

Okay...I just realized that Tante and I said practically the same thing:) I guess sometimes we do share a brain!